I apologize to my loyal followers for my lack of activity on the blog. I am so busy living life, watching Netflix and sitting on the metro that I am unable to upload a few photos. But here I am, I'm back better than ever and I'm going to shoot out a few posts of some current things (and not so current things)
Since my last blog post, I sort-of now have a routine week to week. I teach most days at school and then additional private lessons, go to Spanish class and then have dinner or attempt to do something cultural. Usually, I fall asleep..
PHOTO DUMP!!!Segovia:
One day in October, a group of us made the day trip out to Segovia. Segovia is a town north of Madrid in Castilla y Leon. It's a popular day trip destination from Madrid because of the 160 arc-ed Roman aqueduct from the 1st or 2nd century. The aqueduct has mostly stayed intact since then and is one of the most "impressive Roman structures in Spain." The town and the aqueduct are a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Segovia is also known for its Alcazar, a medieval castle on the end of the town. This castle is big and grand and has amazing views of the town below. It also was the castle Queen Isabella (of Fernando and Isabella fame) was crowned Queen of Castilla. The city also holds a big cathedral which I did a lap in. Like most gothic cathedrals, it was big and gorgeous but it doesn't hold up to the other cathedrals in Spain.
Most importantly, what we ate. Segovia is known for its cochinillo, a roasted suckling pig. It was good, I ate it of course but I thought it taste like bland lechon. We also had a delicious soup and amazing sweet treats!! It was Buñuelo season so we ate a ton of those and some more yummy things before heading back into Madrid.
 |
| The aqueduct |
 |
| Cochinillo |
 |
| We all just split one big piece. Like I said, "meh" |
 |
| Limon y Menta is a well-known pastry shop in Segovia that sells yummy treats. We had breakfast there and then ended up returning for more stuff later in the day. |
 |
| The Alcazar! |
 |
| Mudejar style ceilings, oh yeah |
 |
| Just a soulless child on a mural in the castle, thought it was a good look |
 |
| Fall colors :) |
 |
| Wassup - also Carly bought this coat on the way into the Old City, mustard is the color of the season |
 |
| Me! Along one of the towers in the castle |
More things: |
| Buñuelo season!! These yummy fried dough balls come out on All Saints Day. They are filled with cream or chocolate and they are so delicious I ate a million of them. This was the spread from my local bakery. |
 |
| Jane turned 23! We ended up grabbing some casual fancy cocktails the night before her bday to celebrate another rotation around the sun. |
 |
| One random night a few weeks ago, Madrid held a "Full Moon Festival" with interactive art throughout Retiro. The art was super cool with 3D effects and contemporary exhibitions. |
 |
| For Jane and Gracen's Birthdays, I planned a little picnic in Retiro to celebrate! Everyone came through with good snacks and yummy wine. It was a delightful fall day and we didn't have work since it was All Saints Day! We ended the day with some buñuelos and blowing out candles that I couldn't light. |
 |
| Jane, Gracen, Carly's bitmoji and I |
0 Comments