Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Poison Coffee & Doughnuts at The Alley At Karrivin

When I read about this place that reportedly exudes millennialism, I was curious. I'm usually skeptical with joints that cater to this market, since more often than not its all style rather than substance. In this case, however, it just might go against the grain.


Poison is located at The Alley At Karrivin on 2316 Pasong Tamo Extension, Makati.


In contrast to the sunny and well-lighted disposition that most donut chains exude, Poison resembles a bar or club with its dim lighting and minimalist interiors.


I like its outright contrast to what one would expect for a doughnut and coffee place to look like. For one, it surely doesn't encourage customers to open and plug their devices while nursing a drink for hours.


The coffee choices are pretty straightforward - black, white, mocha. There's none of that pressed or beans from some exotic locale that some cafés love to tout.


The doughnut choices are also limited to less than ten kinds. On weekends, the place can get crowded as one has to wait for the doughnuts to be baked.


My first visit was on a weekday early afternoon so the place was quiet. Good. I had the Blueberry Lemon - " lemon curd filling overdosed with blueberry jam and blueberry glaze " and Boston Creme - " vanilla mousseline and homemade marshmallow stained with dark chocolate ".


I think I ordered a White Coffee.


I have a sweet tooth that's easy to please so the two pastries were eagerly eaten. The doughnuts were fresh and oozing with delicious flavours.


I was back after several days to try some other items. It was likewise quiet when I arrived but when I passed by afterwards after my meal, the place was full. That was justifiable since it was merienda time for the office crowd.


As a light meal or snack, Egg Sandwiches are being offered. I had the Bacon, Cheese & Egg Sandwich - " mozzarella, scrambled egg, pan-seared Canadian bacon, cheese sauce and spring onions ".


Other choices are Cheese & Egg, Sriracha & Egg, Spam & Egg and Hash & Egg. If this place was just more accessible, I would try them all.


The sandwich was very good and filling. I like the abundance of the egg and cheese sauce which easily oozed out between the bread with every slice.


Egg Custard Brulee - " burnt sugar exterior injected with dark brown sugar custard ". The doughnuts, by the way, are hole-free. This one was also delicious with its sumptuous custard filling.


I think the hype around Poison Coffee & Doughnuts will be a replaced by real interest in the café. The doughnuts and egg sandwiches are worth coming back to again and again. Service is also friendly and I have a feeling the menu will grow in time. I am a fan of this place.


Cost of Items : P 295.00 during my first visit & P 251.50 during my second visit 

Post a Comment

0 Comments