Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

French and British artillery for the SYW

As I mentioned in an earlier Blog entry, I've been painting up some additional artillery for my SYW collection. The British crews were a gift from George Anderson and I've paired them with a couple of Foundry guns I had. The French, which are also by Eagle Miniatures, I bought by post as the British figures fitted right in with my Foundry figures. Turned out to be a bit of a mistake because the French figures are tiny by comparison, as you can see ~
The guns themselves though are nice models and paint up easily. They come with some assorted extras to make the scene more convincing. I toyed with the idea of replacing the French gun crew with Foundry figures, but in the end I couldn't really justify the additional expense. I'm hoping in the game we won't notice it so much!



The next run of painting is a bit mix and match. I've got a War of 1812 American infantry unit in summer kit in progress at present; probably they will be followed by the first of my Perry Miniatures AWI marching southern militia units and then perhaps some Casting Room/Foundry Italian Was light cavalry. Then there are the recently arrived Front Rank Hessian additions I might be tempted by! We shall see how it goes, hands and eye permitting...

Post a Comment

0 Comments