Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Delays...

I just wanted to apologize for not having any regular updates lately. Lately life just seems to have other things in store for me. In addition to bathroom renovations I've also had two job interviews, a sick grandfather, and all the usual housework. I'm almost caught up with bathroom work, the interviews have come and gone, and while my grandfather remains sick they at least know what ailment afflicts him. So I should be back to painting Iron Snakes sometime this week.

I have actually started the third test model. I've completed the metals on him actually but I haven't painted anything else. My main point behind the third test model was to test out some new paints and procedures I learned at Adepticon. So I used Reaper metallic paints for all the metals. So far the gunmetal has come out looking very realisticly dull and lifeless. However, I'm not impressed with the lighter colors of silver from Reaper. The Polished Silver in-particular doesn't flow very well which makes highlighting a pain. So after I've finished test model 3 I'm going to paint one more test model using a hybrid of Reaper and GW paints. We'll see what I come up with for that but I guess first I have to finish the 3rd test model.

I'll try and have an update no later than Wednesday this week. I've also been hard at work making a nice tutorial for how I painted the chaplain's black from my previous post. So good luck with all your endeavors and I'll be back later this week!

Post a Comment

0 Comments