Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Style Journey.. do you have one?


Yesterday I wrote about how much I am starting to sound like my mother...I catch myself saying and doing things I never in a million years thought I would be doing 30 years ago. In fact, I am pretty sure I swore I never would. I recall sitting in the back of our station wagon as a scrappy teenager, me and my five younger siblings who were squabbling over some silly thing. I recall looking out the window in frustration and vowing to myself that I would never have kids, I would never be involved in the PTA (Parent's Association), I would never own or drive a station wagon, I would never live in a small town and I think I threw in that I would never marry as I was going to be a woman of the world ( it was the 70's). So hurrah to all that. I had made up my mind.

Thirty years on... I am married, I have four children, I was President of a PTA, owned and drove a mini-van for several years and I just might qualify as a some version of the woman of the world I wanted to be due to our expat lifestyle. Small town...I dream of it...somewhere in Maine. I threw in a career into the mix before we started travelling twelve years ago and haven't looked back. I count my blessings everyday.

Where is this all going? My wardrobe. We evolve, I get that. Our tastes change, our shapes change..I get that. Some of us reinvent ourselves several times as we move through our 30's, 40's. 50's and beyond.. I get that...but I am stumped. I open my Pinterest 'Style Notes' board every now and again and laugh. I wonder if I am living the wardrobe or dreaming the wardrobe or is it a little bit of both? I wonder if I am showing my age, I must as I love hanging out on my 'Style Notes' pinboard...I feel 'cool' when I do. The fact that I just said that would be enough for my kids to say that I am most definitely showing my age. But that's ok...


I use to dream of Africa and safari style clothes...I still do.

via

Lauren Hutton was my style guru...she still is.

via

Jeans, T-shirts, over sized men's shirts, 
 Katharine Hepburn style... it all still works for me.



But every now and again, 
I just want to be dazzled...




wear caftans...



 and funky bling..

via


I would like to stride around town 
wearing groovy glasses...


and throw on an outrageously expensive 
but beautiful Naeem Khan coat.

via

Long skirts? 
Yes and Yes.

via

Purple Paisley Palazzo Pants?
Without a doubt!

via

and hats??

You do not want to get me started...
all this fashion talk is starting to make me giddy.

via

I often wonder what my sixteen year old self 
would think of my fifty something self. :)

Has your style changed over the years?
Do you ever yearn for a walk on the wild side?
On that note, I will leave you with this thought.

Thanks for following me on my Style journey.
I think I just avoided an identity crisis..
or maybe I am having one..
:)

Ah...the joys of life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments