I am a fan of Patricia, I've always loved her fashion videos and I enjoy her opinion on beauty products. We have completely different skin colours but I like that she isn't afraid to point out when colours don't work for her and when a shade range isn't inclusive enough. I knew when she launched products that they were going to be inclusive and they certainly are. My question today is whether or not it is inclusive enough to make a good Christmas present.
The Collection
I only bought one palette from the collection which is the Rich in Life Palette. Out of the two palettes this is the more wearable whereas Rich in Colour (as the name suggest,) is very colourful. There are a lot of neons and bold colours which any makeup artist would love and could create some stunning looks with. The Rich in Life Palette was definitely more for me with its neutral colour scheme.
In addition to the two eyeshadow palettes, there are also four face compacts which also cater to everybody. For anyone with a pale complexion like myself, you are going to be looking at the Moonlight Glow palette. However, whilst I was watching Patricia's video when she launched the products, the two palettes for darker skin (You Are Gold and Dusk Til Dawn) looked stunning and seem to have been well curated to suit darker skin. The tones look warm rather than too grey which happens a lot with products designed for darker skin tones. I liked the look of the face compacts when I was swatching products in store, the powders felt lovely but it was the Rich in Life Palette that I was after.
Rich in Life
This palette is huge, it is only a tiny bit smaller than the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette which dominates my beauty draw. The Morphe palette does have 35 shades but the packaging is slightly less bulky because it is cardboard whereas the Revolution palette is a tin.The packaging reminds me of the early Urban Decay Naked 2 & 3 Palettes but I have to say it isn't quite as smooth as using one of those palettes. I really struggle with the closure on this palette, to the point where sometimes I don't think I'm ever going to get the palette open. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to open with fake nails.
Overall I like the packaging, it is something a bit different but it needs to be easier to open and close. The thing that would make this closure a little bit easier is if it was magnetic. Other than that, the packaging is actually really nice and it does seem more luxury than the other Revolution palettes I have purchased. The packaging was one of my main criticisms when it came to the Soph x Revolution Palette, it felt really cheap but this palette doesn't.
Thank god the shade names are under the pans, it is my pet peeve when the shade names come on those unnecessary plastic sheets in the palettes, or worse, on the back of the palette. There is a lovely big mirror in the top and even though tin might not be my favourite packaging for a palette, there is one thing that is for sure, it is a sturdy palette.
![]() | ![]() |
Shades
The 28 shades in this palette encompass the best of neutral shadows. The first 3 rows make the perfect palette for everyday and then there is the final row which provides a small amount of colour, if you do want to play with a bit of colour. I could have really done with this palette for Halloween. Nevertheless for someone who loves neutrals and is not a lewk queen, like myself, this is the perfect palette which you will have no trouble using daily.
There is a mix of berry tones, slightly warmer orange shades and plenty of browns, literally everything is covered. Some of my favourite shades are: Pure Soul, I love that berry/burgundy shade as an outer corner shadow. Natural Glam is the perfect base shadow. Booked N Busy is a lovely warm red/orange which borders on terracotta but it is slightly too dark to be terracotta, it is a wonderfully unusual shade. All of the shimmers are stunning shades but Diamonds 4 Breakfast is my favourite, it is a silver champagne that brightens any look.
Formula
The formula for the most part is quite good but there are a few duffs in this palette. I have to say for the most part the mattes do not hold any problems, other than Star Girl which is the black that comes across as more of a grey. Other than that the mattes are all blendable, pigmented and work together beautifully. My problem actually lies with two of the shimmer shadows which is unexpected.
Both Perfection and Sweet Like Candy, and to some extent Diamonds 4 Breakfast, feel like they are almost a wet, cream like formula. However they do not have the pigment of a cream. These two shadows are hard to pick up and do not pick up the pigment to the degree that I want. Perfection is not the sort of shade I would use often but Sweet Like Candy is and I am disappointed that I have to work hard to get it to look how I want it to.
I have hazel eyes and a pink toned purple shadow brings out the green in my eyes which is why I like to wear them during Autumn. I wanted to wear Sweet Like Candy almost immediately but it took me ages to get the shade as bold as I wanted it to be on my eye lid. I have to say it was worth the effort as the shade is gorgeous but it did take perseverance. I found the best way to apply this was with a small packer brush, even my finger couldn't pick up lots of product.
All of the other shimmers are powders so you do get the bold pigment with the others and you don't need to consider how you are going to apply them. Like I mentioned earlier, the only other problematic shades are the blue/aqua shadows.
I haven't used the blue or aqua shades on my eyes but when I swatched all of the shadows on my arm, they were the only shadows that stained. I only had them on for less than 5 minutes but they stained really quickly. Luckily I am not a massive user of these colours as they do not enhance my eye colour. However, if you like these shades, it might be worth looking at a different blue palette. I actually have the Reloaded Deep Dive Palette from Revolution which is really nice and doesn't stain.
![]() | ![]() |
Looks
There are so many different looks that can be created from this palette. However, my favourite one I've created so far that I think is perfect for the Christmas/Winter season is my Winter Berry look. To start the look, I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold just to add a bit of colour and to act as a base. I only used a tiny bit enough to get the look going.
I then used Natural Glam to set the cream shadow and to give a base to the look. After a quick wash of Natural Glam, I began to use Biggest Fan in the crease, to build it up with a slightly warm nude shade. I really took this shadow out and tried to elongate the eye. I then used 100% Coco to deepen the crease and also to make it a tad more neutral. I made sure to blend this for a while so that I could get the blended, brown look I wanted. I envisioned that the outer corner was going to be a bit darker so I combined Jetsetter, Irreplaceable and No Drama to make it a bit darker but also to start adding a berry tone to the look.
I then used Natural Glam to set the cream shadow and to give a base to the look. After a quick wash of Natural Glam, I began to use Biggest Fan in the crease, to build it up with a slightly warm nude shade. I really took this shadow out and tried to elongate the eye. I then used 100% Coco to deepen the crease and also to make it a tad more neutral. I made sure to blend this for a while so that I could get the blended, brown look I wanted. I envisioned that the outer corner was going to be a bit darker so I combined Jetsetter, Irreplaceable and No Drama to make it a bit darker but also to start adding a berry tone to the look.
I built and blended this but I didn't want it to be really dark, I just wanted that berry to blend with the browns. I wanted the main point of the look to be Sweet Like Candy and that gorgeous sparkly purple/pink. I started off by applying it with my finger which worked but I really wanted it to be bold so I took a small shader brush and really tried to pack it on. The shadow is so soft that this seems to just move the product around but perseverance is key. To finish it all off I used a bit of Darling in the inner corner. I thought the look was great and I was so happy with it in the end.
I love a berry look for Winter and this really is the perfect palette to be able to create this sort of look with. There are also a lot of browns and golds so you could create a richer honey look and you have all of those wonderful bright colours at the bottom to play with.
Would It Make A Good Christmas Present?
Seeing as we are in Blogmas, I've got to make this review Christmas related somehow. I do think this would make a great gift. Yes, there are a couple of dodgy shadows but that is due to the formula rather than the shade and it is nothing that can't be worked with when you know how. I do have to say, name me a palette that is completely perfect because I don't think you will be able to do it, I know I can't.
At £20, with 28 shadows, I think the Rich in Colour palette would make a great gift for any eyeshadow lover. The packaging is lovely, you can use it everyday but it gives you something to play with. If you do know someone who is a little bit more artistic with their makeup then maybe the Rich in Colour palette would be better but I do feel like that is a little bit more specific. I've really enjoyed using this palette and I look forward to seeing all of the wearable looks I can come up with.













0 Comments